One of the best places where rubber mats are most effective is in the shower rooms. Nothing beats them in terms of keeping the place slip-resistant. Also, they act as heat insulators for cold bathroom floors which can be really uncomfortable especially if you have just had a cold shower. Also, without rubber floor mats, you will be leaving a puddle of water in your wake, making it a slip hazard for the next one who will be using the shower room. It is especially dangerous if there are children and elder people who reside with you and uses the same shower room. Mopping the floor after every single use of the shower room is not a good option as compared to just using rubber matting in them.
The best places to have the rubber mats in the shower room are in the doorway and right next to the shower area so that immediately after you towel off, the first thing that you will be stepping on would be the rubber matting. It is a pleasant thing to stand on since it will not be as cold as the shower room tiles. It also enables us to have more traction, preventing us from slipping, and also, they are great absorbers of water from our feet, ensuring that the whole flooring of the shower room is kept relatively dry at all times.
So, if you are out to shop for rubber matting for your shower rooms and anywhere in general, here are the things that you should keep in mind:
1. They should be quick-drying to ensure that they perform to their optimum capabilities.
2. They should, of course, be durable.
3. They should be able to absorb liquid. Usually, some of the rubber mats have cloth surfaces to be able to really absorb water.
4. They should be resistant to bacteria and fungus. This is really a very important point to consider since not having bacteria and fungus-resistant rubber mats can pose a threat to the health of those who will be using them. If you bought non-fungus-resistant ones, then you should just make sure that they are constantly washed to keep them clean.
5. They should be comfortable to stand on. Remember, you will be using them for the shower room, and more or less, you are barefoot when you shower. So you should make sure that you are comfortable when you stand on them barefoot.
6. Look for rubber mats that would suit your budget. This is usually our first consideration in buying things, but we should also keep in mind that durable ones that cost a bit more than not so durable ones may, in the long run, be cheaper than the cheaper ones since they will be able to last much longer than them.
Now that you know what to look for in rubber mats for the shower room, you are assured that accidents are prevented and your shower room flooring is kept relatively liquid-free all the time.
Lighten your load by stopping dirt and its harmful effects before it ever enters your home or business. Get rubber mats and see the effect an rubber floor mat can have. StopDirt.com specializes in a variety of mats and is worth your time to check it out.